Provided by Internet Safety 101
- Establish an ongoing dialogue and keep lines of communication open.
- Supervise use of all internet-enabled devices.
- Know your child's online activities and friends.
- Regularly check your child's social networking and gaming sites, to see what information they are posting.
- Supervise the photos and videos your kids post and send online.
- Discourage the use of webcams and mobile video devices.
- Teach your children how to protect personal information posted online.
- Be sure your children use privacy settings.
- Instruct your children to avoid meeting face-to-face with someone they only know online or through their mobile device.
- Teach your children how to respond to cyberbullies.
- Establish an agreement with your children about internet use at home and outside of the home.